Sunday, July 31, 2011

Black and Yellow

So its only mid-July and we have finally finished moving into the new house and to celebrate we decided to have all our friends over for the boys 2-1/2 birthday and house warming party. How did we come to have black and yellow party you ask? It was the boys idea. When I asked them what kind of party they wanted Aden said Yellow and Aron said Black! It was original and black/yellow party was all they asked about until the day came and by then they didn't believe me that is was happening. One Saturday I was feeling ambitious and decided to take the boys shopping for party supplies. I must admit during my planning I had a major lapse in parenting judgement as I though it would be fun to go for doughnuts before the trip. The boys love doughnut holes! They put away a dozen each and half a chocolate with sprinkles. Then after filling them up with sugar we went to the party store. Each in their own basket the sugar took affect simultaneously and the two of them were maniacs and I had no escape because each aisle was more exciting than the next. I should have known better. We did score a lot of good decorations and gift bags goodies but we all needed a nap after.
July 23rd was the big day. We had a rented a bounce house with dual racing water slides.  The boys were taking a nap when it arrived and when they woke they saw their whole backyard taken over by the coolest inflatable monster. For hours they played until they could barely stand. It was huge success.
Change of subject.
The boys are quite the chatter boxes. Aron woke up the other night at 4:00am and downloaded all the information in his head for an hour talking to me as I was trying to sleep. He is also top of his class in reading and has memorized several books. Aron also has been using the potty regularly and will be going to class for the first time in underwear on Monday. Aden is also talking and reading and is all about trucks. Every morning and after school we have to drive past a construction site so he can see bulldozers and backhoes. He only reads truck books and must wear one article of clothing with a vehicle everyday. Both boys are big into dressing themselves and picking out their own clothes. The can almost get completely dress alone accept tying their shoes. Both boys are doing really good growing although they are still hanging in the 10 percentile. Aron is slightly taller than Aden but they weigh the same. Both boys are healthy and happy and we couldn't ask for more.