Saturday, October 26, 2013

Small gifts sometimes are the biggest

Last weekend the boys woke up from a nap and insisted they needed a tree house. I said we needed to make a list of all the things they wanted in a fort. It included:
  1. Flag
  2. Plank
  3. Swing
  4. Slide
  5. Dungeon
  6. Bridge
  7. Orange Protection Cones
  8. Race track for their cars
This weekend we took them to the playscape store and tested out a few models. They of course selected the largest model. Thoroughly disappointed when we left without one the boys wanted to know why we didn't bring one home. Aden figured it out that it couldn't fit in mommy's car but that wasn't a good enough answer for Aron. I told them that we needed to write a letter to Santa to see if he would bring one because mommy didn't have $3,000 to buy one. Aron asked me how much I had and I told him $1,000. When we got home he got out his piggy bank and sorted through all his coins to find the (2) 100 yen coins to give to me. "Here Mommy now you have enough to buy the tree house." I cried.