Sunday, October 18, 2015

Gone Fishing

On a beautiful day we decided to get out for some fresh air and go fishing. We went to a lake near the house for what I thought would be a short trip. The fish were so prolific that we stayed until the sun went down. Aden caught the biggest fish. He had big ideas from the start that he was going to catch the biggest fish in the lake. After a few small ones Aden had something on his line that took all three of us to reel in. Sadly as we were pulling it out of the water the line broke, but Aden was able to see it and now he has his tale of the one that got away. I didn't get too good of a look but I think it might have been a 2lb crappie or bluegill. By the time we saw our friends to tell the story the fish was as big as five of their heads with spikes on its back. Aron is telling everyone it is a puffer fish. I suspect we will be heading back out with better gear soon (and a fishing license) to catch the biggest fish in the lake.

Later today Daddy will be returning from a fishing trip too and we will see what he brings home, but I am sure unless it is a shark it won't be as big as Aden's.